Amazon Echo is a new generation smart speaker developed by Amazon. The device is connected to an Artificial Intelligence or AI voice controlled personal assistant named “Alexa”. The user can ask any question or command Alexa to perform any specific action by saying the wake word i.e. “Alexa”. The wake word can be changed to “Amazon”, “Echo” or “Computer”. The device can be used to perform number of actions such as playing music, setting alarms, kitchen timers, integrating a smart home control, providing news and improving general knowledge and a lot more. Here, we will help the users understand their Amazon Alexa Echo better by providing the troubleshooting steps to configure the Alexa device setup process.
Troubleshooting steps to setup Amazon Alexa Echo:
- Download the Alexa app from the respective play stores for the mobile devices. The app is required to setup the Amazon Alexa initially.
- Plug in the Echo to an active power source. The light ring will turn blue which is used to indicate that the device is successfully connected.
- Now, connect the Amazon echo to the Wi-Fi using the Alexa app from your mobile device. Make sure you choose the right device if you possess various Alexa devices.
- The user can now start talking to Alexa. The user can wake up Alexa by saying the wake word i.e. ‘Alexa’. The user can choose to change the wake word for their device. The other names that could be set are ‘Echo’, ‘Amazon’ and ‘Computer’.
- The user can now start using their Amazon Alexa Echo device without any problems.
Now, the Amazon Echo will have been successfully setup without any problems. The user can choose to personalize their device as they desire from here.
Troubleshooting steps to update the firmware of the Amazon Echo device
In order to receive new additional features to the Echo device, the user will need to update the firmware for their Echo often. Here are the steps to configure the device to update the firmware:
- Make sure that the Alexa Echo is connected to the Wi-Fi. The user can check by asking for any news or weather updates.
- Press and hold the mute button on the Echo device. The LED light ring will turn red and indicate that the mute is active.
- After a couple of minutes, Alexa will announce that she needs to perform a firmware update on the device. Proceed with the installation.
- Once the firmware update is complete, the device will restart itself automatically with the latest firmware.
Now, the firmware of the Amazon Echo will be updated and the device will no longer be muted. The user can start using their Amazon Echo device as they desire.