- Open the Alexa app in your device. There will be a navigation panel on the left side of the screen on the app. Open the navigation panel. Then, select the Settings option.
- Select the desired device and then select the Update Wi-Fi option. If the user wishes to add a new device to their account, then the user can select the option Set up a new device instead.
- Now, press and hold the action button on the Amazon Echo device that the user wishes to setup. The light ring on the top will change to orange.
- Once the light has turned orange, the mobile device will then connect to the Echo device.
- A list of all the Wi-Fi networks will display in the settings. The user will have to manually connect to the device to the Echo device through the Wi-Fi settings then.
- Select the Wi-Fi network that the user wishes to connect to. The user will then be prompted to enter the password for the same Wi-Fi network.
If the user does not see their Wi-Fi network name, the user can simply scroll all the way down and select Add a Network to add their network. The user can also Re scan the list of networks from their device to see if that shows their Wi-Fi network.
For MAC address: If the user wishes to add the Alexa device to the router’s list of approved devices, the user will have to scroll down until they see their MAC address and click on it.
For Public Networks: The user can simply enter any required information when prompted to connect to a public network on the web browser for example, a school network or an office network. The information will not be saved on Amazon.
- Select the Connect option to connect the devices. Once the device has been connected to the Wi-Fi network, a confirmation message will appear within the app. The Alexa device will be ready to use now.
The Amazon Alexa device will have been successfully setup now. The user can start using their Alexa device as they desire.