- Locate the Reset button at the base of your device.
- Using a paper clip or something similar, press and hold the reset button for a couple of seconds. You will notice that the light ring on your Echo device will turn orange and then blue.
- Wait for the light ring to turn off and then on again by itself. The light ring will then turn orange once again and the device will enter the setup mode.
- Now, open the Alexa app on your mobile device to connect to your desired Wi-Fi network and register it on your Amazon account.
The Amazon Echo (Alexa) will now have been reset back to its factory default settings successfully.
After the user has successfully reset their Echo device, the user will have to register it to an Amazon account and reenter any device settings to use the device again.
Here are some of the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) answered:
- Where can I go to login to my Amazon account from my laptop?
The user can simply open any internet browser on their WI-Fi enabled device and type alexa.amazon.com in the address bar and press enter. The login page for Amazon account will appear.
- What will happen to my personalized settings if I reset my Amazon Echo?
The personalized settings will get reset too if the user resets the device. The user will then be required to register the device to an Amazon account and reenter any device settings to be able to use the device again.
- Why is my Amazon Echo showing the information for another place?
The user will have to set their current location to be able to receive updates from their current place. The user can do that using the Amazon app to enter their current location for Alexa to provide the information as per their current location.
- Can I use multiple Amazon accounts on my Amazon Alexa?
Yes, you can use multiple accounts with your Amazon Alexa.
- How can I update the software for my Alexa device?
You can check for the latest updates in the Alexa app.